
My boss brought back a snow globe for me from a writer's conference he went to in Philadelphia. Naturally, it was confiscated by security on the flight home. You see, there's liquid in a snow globe. Even in this very tiny, innocent, little snow globe. When my boss questioned the silliness of taking away his gift, he was sternly told, "If you go to tsa.gov you will see it plainly states - No snow globes allowed!" Sure enough, here's what it says under what not to bring in your carry-on (though I'm suspicious about it being the very last entry in the list...): "Snow globes and like decorations regardless of size or amount of liquid inside, even with documentation." Snow globes come with documentation?? In the end, my boss was kind enough to buy another snow globe in the airport gift shop. He's nice like that.
I'm reading an autobiography of a favorite author. And it's annotated. So, after one particular anecdote, there's a note that says something like, "Actually, since he grew up in this certain area, we think he probably meant such and such." So... imagine writing your memoirs, leaving instructions for it not to be published until after your death, and then someone comes along and annotates it for you, explaining what they think you meant to say. Which gives me an idea for a book title, "The Annotated Life."
3 comments:
I am the Shambles, and I approve of this blog.
That is one patriotic snow globe
I too question what type of "documentation" comes with snow globes. Perhaps a passport for whatever fictional character resides within?
Post a Comment